Bridon-Bekaert (BBRG), a division of Bekaert, is a multi-million company designing, manufacturing steel and fiber ropes for diverse lifting applications; oil and gas, surface and underground mining, overhead lifting, ports, steel mills and fishing. We manufacture and promote high performing products through multiple channels to market, OEM’s, distribution, and direct end users.
Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with more than 27,000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.4 billion in combined revenue in 2020.
Primary Function: Operates a variety of machine shop equipment to make parts and tooling to very close tolerance. Design parts, make setups, install, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical equipment. Involves work of a varied nature with minimum amount of supervision
- Selects and sets up tooling, operates and adjusts all machine tools
- Inspect your own work and the work of others for quality and dimensional requirements · Performs routine maintenance of equipment
- Designs tooling and parts and does bench work
- Uses typical tool room inspection equipment and gages
- Works from design sketches, samples and verbal instructions
- Use involved shop math
- Cleans work area, parts and equipment
- Sharpens and maintains tooling as required
- Works independently and requires a minimal amount of supervision
- Occasionally performs work in other trades
- Performs work in the mechanic’s skill area such as fabrication, assembly, welding, burning, cutting, pipefitting, hydraulics and building maintenance
Bridon-Bekaert Ropes Group
280 New Commerce Blvd., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18706 Tel: 570 822-3349 Fax: 570-823-0469
- Diagnose complex equipment failures and plant machinery
- Dismantle, repair and reassemble complex equipment and plant machinery
General: Have a very broad knowledge of applied machinist practices, techniques and theory of operation.
Work on ladders, scaffolds and in pits. Set up and adjust hand-welding equipment including but not limited to electric arc, oxyacetylene, stick, wire, cutting torch and plasma cutter.
- Fill out daily time sheets
- Fill out “parts to be ordered list” as needed
- Clean work area, store tools in orderly manner
- Check with preceding shift as to what is down or requires immediate attention · Work on “stock jobs” when no higher priority job exists
- Check with lead man or supervisor when finished with assigned job
- Inform oncoming shift personnel of any unfinished jobs or problems
- Perform other duties as required
Housekeeping: Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area
*The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.