Job ID 1226
Bridon-Bekaert (BBRG), a division of Bekaert, is a multi-million company designing, manufacturing steel and fiber ropes for diverse lifting applications; oil and gas, surface and underground mining, overhead lifting, ports, steel mills and fishing. We manufacture and promote high performing products through multiple channels to market, OEM’s, distribution, and direct end users.
Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with more than 27,000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.4 billion in combined revenue in 2020.
Purpose/Objective of the Position:
This position handles customer inquiries regarding Bridon Bekaert products, pricing, delivery and sales policy. In addition, he/she recommends alternatives, substitutes, slow moving and obsolete inventory items which will meet customer needs.
This position is excellent for someone interested in gaining experience to enter the technical sales arena.
Duties & Responsibilities: (attach pages as needed)
- Place and track orders, check stock.
- Quote customers using quotation system and price documentation.
- Provide feedback to the customer regarding the status of orders.
- Assist outside Sales Representatives with customer related issues.
- Liaise with logistics on quote and order lead times.
- Recommend substitutes for competitor’s products.
- Sell slow moving and obsolete items.
- Maintain sales files and documents.
- Perform various analysis using Excel as needed.
Bridon-Bekaert Ropes Group
280 New Commerce Blvd., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18706 Tel: 570 822-3349 Fax: 570-823-0469
- Learn product line for recommendations and to assist Sales Representatives. 11. Track and allocate inventory to sales orders.
- Work closely with production planner to update and communicate delivery date. 13. Assist other customer service employees and office administrator when required. 14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma. Associate’s Degree is preferred
Experience: 1-3 years as a Technical Customer Service Representative, Inside Sales or equivalent experience, preferably with commercial or industrial products. Business to Business experience preferred.
Skill At: – Handling customer inquires, solving Sales and Customer Service problems, presenting self well over the telephone. Technical Customer Support Preferred.
– Using spread sheets, word-processing, preferably Microsoft Word & Excel.
Knowledge of: Sales and Customer Service procedures. AS 400, SAP, Microsoft Office programs. Special Requirements: – Self Confident
– Work well under pressure
– Must be able to learn Bridon-Bekaert product line and its applications
– Must learn competitor’s products.
– Articulate, good phone manner, presents self professionally to the customer.